Paneer Bhurji RecipePaneer bhurji is a dry dish. This dish is quick to cook and many times preferred by us when we do not have any vegetable available at home. Paneer bhurji is very delicious and easy to cook punjabi dish. We can utilize homemade paneer (cottage cheese) to make the dish. Because of the use of crumbled cheese as main ingredient, the dish is called as paneer bhurji.
Preparation Time: 10 min Cooking time: 10 min
• 200 Grams paneer
• 1 Small tomato
• 1 Big sized onion
• 2 Green chilly
• Coriander leaves
• 200 Grams peas
Spices:• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Red chilly powder
• 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
• 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1/2 tsp sabji masala
• Salt as required
• 2 tbsp oil
How to Cook Paneer Bhurji
Step-1 Chop onion into small pieces, chop tomatoes and Green Chilly. Grate (Kaddukas) paneer using grater. You can also crumble it using your hands. Chop coriander leaves. Boil Green Peas for 5 to 10 minutes. Take a pan and put 2 tbsp oil and let it heat for one minute at low flame.
Step-2 Put in chopped onions and let the onions get light brown. Now add chopped tomatoes, green chilli to it. Stir the mixture well.
Step-3 Add peas to it. Now add salt and haldi (turmeric powder) to it and cover the pan for two minutes. Now add other spices (lal mirch, dhaniya, garam masala, sabji masala). Keep mixing the mixture after regular intervals.
Step-4 Let us put grated paneer and mix it again. Again cover the it for two minutes. Open the pan and stir it again and finally add chopped coriander to it. Very delicious and yummy paneer bhurji is ready.
You can also add dry fruits to garnish the bhurji. Serve it with hot chapattis for lunch or dinner or you can serve it with Paranthas during breakfast. Paneer bhurji also goes great as sandwich filling and tastes extremely good.
- If you have taken frozen paneer (in the form of cubes purchased from market) then leave the cheese into luke warm water for about half an hour before you start making paneer bhurji.
- If you have purchased paneer from the market and do not want to use all of it for this dish then you can apply lemon juice to remaining paneer and keep it into refrigerator for later use.
- Cook entire dish on low flame and it will taste superb.
- If you grate the paneer instead of crumbling then it will give it an awesome look.
- Chop the onions into long slices for better taste.
Nisha from Nagpur: Thanks for sharing the recipe, I tried it for the first time and it was awesome.
Sangeeta from Kochi: Great step by step recipe presentation has made it very easy for me to follow the instructions and cook. I look forward to more such delicious recipes.